Pumpkin Smash is our Annual Fall Fundraiser. Check back next year in the Spring for information on Pumpkin Smash 2024!
Thanks to all who joined us at our 3rd Annual fundraiser ‘Pumpkin Smash for STEAM Cash’ presented by Half Liter & Broad Ripple Kiwanis!
We host Pumpkin Smash every Fall to raise money for our core mission: supporting STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) projects and acitivities at Midtown area Indianapolis Public Schools.
This year’s Pumpkin Smash was a big success, with a great crowds of attendees destroying pumpkins, drinking beer, enjoying the kid’s craft room, listening to live music and raising a wonderful amount of funds for STEAM projects at Midtown Indianapolis Public Schools!
WHEN: Sunday, October 22, 2023, 2-6pm
WHAT: Annual Fall Fundraiser all about having fun with pumpkins and raising money for STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math) activities at Midtown IPS!
FREE ENTRY – We Raise Funds in the Following Ways:
- DINE TO DONATE! Tell your server you’re here for Pumpkin Smash, and Half Liter will donate a portion of sales to Broad Ripple Kiwanis!
- ONLINE AUCTION: premium auction prizes to bid on! Online bidding will go live in the fall closer to the date!
- PUMPKIN SMASHING ACTIVITIES FOR A FEE $:
- $20 Pumpkin Toss from a Lift! For Adults 18+ Take a ride on the construction lift and toss a pumpkin onto our target below!
- $5 Pumpkin Smashing with a Mallet! For All Ages. Take a satisfying wack at a pumpkin and show that gourd who’s boss!
Pumpkin Smash is a FAMILY-FRIENDLY EVENT that will also feature:
- FREE Kid’s Crafts and Activities
- Silly Safari Live Animal Show
- LIVE Music by local Indianapolis musicians
This event allows the club to provide neighborhoods schools with everything from robotics and Lego clubs, graphing calculators to art supplies and drum-line equipment. “We try to do projects that will influence the most amount of kids,” says Suzannah Hobley, Pumpkin Smash chair. “We also provide transportation for field trips. There’s no money in the school budget for that. Think about when you were a kid going to school, going on field trips. That was pretty influential. Imagine never going on a field trip. It blows my mind.”
The proceeds from Pumpkin Smash will benefit many of the following Midtown IPS Schools that have partnered with BR Kiwanis in recent years:
- IPS 43 James Whitcomb Riley School
- IPS 48 Phalen Academy
- IPS 55 Butler Lab School
- IPS 59 Sidener Academy
- IPS 91 Rousseau McClellan School
- Purdue Polytechnic High School
- Shortridge High School.
If you are a parent or teacher involved in a Midtown IPS school, please reach out to Broad Ripple Kiwanis for their aid in funding your upcoming STEAM project!